Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Thomas John Watson & Watson Jr

Being in IBM for 10+ years, frankly speaking I didnot get time to check out the roots of my the then company. This is my 1st year out of the Big Blue. June 9th 2013 was my last day in IBM.


But recently while digging in with IBM Watson, just a thought struck my mind.. how did Mr Watson grow this huge organization.


After a quick reading in wikipedia I was amazed to see a story of a great salesman who joined CTR as a general manager, transformed the company from a mid size company to a giant like IBM


Mr Watson (CEO IBM 1914-1956 i.e. 42 years) and his son Thomas Watson Jr (President IBM 1952-1971 i.e. 19 years) made a huge impact in building IBM to where it is now. 


This definitely increases my interest to know more about the details of his life story.

No comments: